Granite is a natural stone that is commonly used for countertops and other surfaces in kitchens and bathrooms. Here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining granite surfaces:
- Begin by dusting or wiping the surface with a dry, lint-free cloth to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Wipe the surface with a damp cloth or sponge and a mild detergent. Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners, as these can etch or damage the surface.
- Rinse the surface with clean water and dry it with a clean, dry cloth.
- If there are any stains or marks on the surface, use a granite cleaner specifically designed for removing stains. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for use.
- To protect the surface and keep it looking shiny, use a granite sealer according to the manufacturer's instructions.
It's a good idea to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for cleaning and care for your specific type of granite or marble. Additionally, it's important to avoid placing hot pots or pans directly on the surface, as this can cause thermal shock and damage the granite.