LED TVs are one of the precious assets that are found in a majority of homes in the present times. LED TVs are expensive as they are loaded with a number of exceptional features and are considered to be a priced possession. But keeping the LED screens of the precious TV clean is important. However, the cleaning process is much different than traditional methods.
As LED TV screens are sensitive and delicate, you need to be more careful while cleaning in order to avoid any scratches or other damage to the screen. There are various ways to effectively clean the LED TV screen. Most of the cleaning process is simple and requires readily available cleaning agents. In this article, you will get to know some of the best approaches or methods to clean LED TV screens and make them crystal clear again.
General Cleaning Process of LED TV Screens
While cleaning the delicate LED TV screen may seem to be challenging to some, it is actually easy when you know the right cleaning process. Here are some of the general cleaning processes for LED TV screens.
- The first step is to prepare the LED TV screen for the cleaning process. You need to ensure that the system is completely shut down. You must disconnect the TV from the power source and allow it to cool down. It minimizes the electrocution risk and makes cleaning easier.
- In order to remove the dust from the edges of the LED TV screen, you can use vacuum cleaners. Regularly cleaning the edges of the tv screen with vacuum cleaners having a soft bristle to avoid scratches will keep the screen become dust-free. It prevents the dust from settling down and causing damage to the expensive device.
- In some instances, tough spots or fingerprint marks are difficult to clean. But ensure not to press down hard on the LED TV screen as it may cause damage. Instead, you can use non-abrasive cleaning agents and wipe the screen using a microfiber cloth.
- Using the right cleaning cloth is important to ensure proper cleaning without any scratches or damage. Microfiber cloth is the most recommended option for a number of reasons. It is soft and thin yet strong to clean the TV screen thoroughly without creating any risk of damage. In case of unavailability of the microfiber cloth, you can also use cotton tea towels.
- Another way of cleaning the LED TV screen is by spraying the surface of the LED TV screen with compressed air in order to blast away all stubborn dust and debris. Then the screen can be wiped with a microfiber cloth to ensuring removing all the remaining dust.
- While cleaning the LED TV screens, one of the important considerations is to avoid spraying the liquid cleaners directly on the screen. Instead, you should always spray the liquid cleaner on the microfiber cloth and then wipe the screen using that cloth.
- Another thing to avoid is the use of any cleaning products which contain ammonia. Ammonia can cause damage to the anti-glare coating of the LED TV screen and creates negative viewing experiences for people.
The steps mentioned above are the very basic steps for efficiently cleaning LED TV screens.
Cleaning of LED TV Screens through Simple Wiping
Cleaning the LED TV screens by simple wiping is one of the simplest and easiest ways that takes much less time and effort. Wiping the screen on a daily basis can help in keeping it dust-free. Any stains on the LED TV screen can also be removed by using the simple wiping process. Here are the simple and effective steps to use the wiping method to clean the TV screens.
- First, you will have to go through the manufacturer’s manual provided with the LED TV. It will give you an idea about the best techniques for cleaning the screen and the best cleaners. It will also update you about the things that need to be avoided in order to prevent any damage.
- Before you start to clean the LED TV screen, it is important to turn it off. As the LED screens get heated up when they are on, switching them off proves to be beneficial. Moreover, it leads to the dissipation of static electricity, thereby releasing dust and making the cleaning process easier.
- The next step is to rub the screen gently with the use of a microfiber cloth. The microfiber cloth will help you in removing the oil, dirt, as well as smudges on the LED TV screen.
- Make sure to avoid using sponges or paper towels to clean the LED TV screen as they can cause serious damage to the screen. As the microfiber cloths are soft, they can easily remove all the dirt from the screen without causing any type of damage.
- In case, the dirt or stains are tough to be removed with the dry microfiber cloth; you can consider adding some water to make it damp. But make sure not to add too much water. Rubbing the LED TV screen with a damp cloth can help in removing the smudges easily.
Following these easy steps can help in removing dust and dirt from the screen through simple wiping. The user manual of the LED TV can guide you to follow the right cleaning approach. In case you have lost the manual, you can find the process by searching for a particular product online.
Cleaning of LED TV Screens using Different Cleaning Agents
The modern LED TV screen demands very careful cleaning. A small mistake can prove to be really costly for the owners. Being an expensive electric device, appropriate cleaning agents or solutions make the screen spotless and dirt free. Any harsh solution is always to be avoided in order to prevent damage to the LED TV. There are a number of solutions that can be used for cleaning LED TV screens. Here are a list of cleaning agents and the process of efficiently cleaning the screen.
- Vinegar is one of the most commonly used natural cleaners for thousands of people. In order to clean your LED screen, you need to wipe it gently using a microfiber cloth. Then prepare a solution by mixing vinegar and distilled water in equal proportions. Dip the microfiber cloth in the solution and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Gently wipe the TV screen with the damp cloth and then again wipe it with a dry and clean microfiber cloth.
- Screen cleaners that are available in the market are another way of cleaning the LED TV screen. But before you purchase the screen cleaning solutions, make sure to conduct thorough research. Choosing the branded TV screening solution will ensure proper cleaning of the screen without any damage.
- Petroleum jelly is another helpful cleaning agent for cleaning fragile LED TV screens. Moreover, if you have any scratches on the TV screen, petroleum jelly works best. You can take a cotton swab and dip it in the petroleum jelly. Then gently dab the cotton swab on the screen area that has scratches. It can help in removing all the scratches much easier.
- Another commonly used cleaning agent to remove dust and dirt from the LED TV screen is dish soap. In order to clean the dirty surface of the screen, clean the dust and then soak a soft and lint-free cloth in the mild and diluted dish soap solution. Remove the excess water from the fabric and gently clean the screen's surface. Then again take a clean and dry cloth of similar material and keep wiping until the screen becomes completely dry.
- Another way of cleaning the LED TV screen is by using rubbing alcohol. If the dry microfiber cloth cannot remove the smudges from the screen, you will require rubbing alcohol. Prepare a solution of rubbing alcohol and water mixed in equal proportions. Dip the corner of the microfiber cloth into the mixture. Remove all the excess liquid and gently wipe the TV screen with a cloth. Then use a clean and dry microfiber cloth and wipe the screen properly.
Using all these cleaning solutions can help in keeping the LED TV screen in shining condition. It keeps away dirt and protects the electronic device from potential damage.
The methods listed above are some of the proven ways of cleaning LED TV screens effectively. With simple and easy methods, you can keep your TV screen dust-free. Now, you can also remove the tough stains from the TV screens much easier. You need to follow the steps correctly in order to get the desired outcomes. Moreover, mixing the solutions in the right proportions is also important. With the right techniques and appropriate cleaning agents, making the LED TV screen shine like a brand-new one becomes easy.
Cleaning LED TV ScreenLED TV Screen